What is Anasept®?
Anasept® is a powerful board-spectrum, topical antimicrobial that is long-acting, crystal clear and highly-viscous, available in a tube as a hydrogel or as a liquid in spray and pour bottles.
What will Anasept® treat?
• Anasept® Antimicrobial Skin & Wound Gel is a long-acting thick hydrogel indicated for the management of partial to full thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, surgical incisions, first and second degree burns, donor, and graft sites.
• Anasept® Antimicrobial Skin & Wound Cleanser (liquid & spray) is used for general antiseptic site preparation for central line, graft-fistula cannulation and wound cleansing and debridement.
• There is no known resistance to Anasept®. Anasept® quickly kills infection causing bacteria (including MRSA, VRE, C. difficile), C. difficile spores, pathogenic fungi, Hepatitis and HIV.
• Anasept® is unmatched in eliminating the foulest orders
• Anasept® is also known to assist with the effective debridement of necrotic slough and bio-debris due to its unique molecular action.
What is the active ingredient in Anasept®?
The active ingredient in Anasept® is 0.057% sodium hypochlorite, in an isotonic saline solution. Sodium hypochlorite has a long and well-developed history in the treatment of wounds and topical infections.
Is Anasept® safe and has it been tested clinically?
Anasept® has been shown in published clinical studies* to reduce wound bio-burden and improve the rate of wound healing.
Is a prescription required to purchase Anasept®?
Anasept® is classified as an antimicrobial medical device labeled for “Hospital and Professional Use”. It is available as an OTC product as well as under the supervision of healthcare professionals as the science of advanced wound care is best applied by healthcare professionals.
Is Anasept® Medicare reimbursable?
Anasept® Antimicrobial Skin & wound Gel is currently reimbursed under Medicare Code A6248. The current reimbursement rate is $17.06/ oz. or $51.18 / 3 oz. tube. Medicare allowable: 3 oz. / month. Anasept® liquid & spray are not currently reimbursed.
Silver-Sept ® Silver Antimicrobial Skin & wound Gel is currently reimbursed under Medicare Code A6248. The current reimbursement rate is $17.06 / oz. or $51.18 / 3 oz. tube. Medicare allowable: 3 oz. / month.
Sani-Zone™ Ostomy Appliance Deodorant is currently reimbursed under Medicare Code A6248. The current reimbursement rate is $2.86 / oz., $5.72/ 2 oz. bottle or $22.96 / 8 oz. bottle.