What is Anasept®?
Anasept® products contains a broad-spectrum, topical antimicrobial that is long-acting and crystal clear. It is available as a liquid in spray and pour bottles, and viscous gel in a tube as hydrogel.
What will Anasept® treat?
• Anasept® Antimicrobial Skin & Wound Gel is a long-acting thick hydrogel indicated for the management of partial to full thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, surgical incisions, first and second degree burns, donor, and graft sites.
• Anasept® Antimicrobial Skin & Wound Cleanser (liquid & spray) is used for general antiseptic site preparation for central line, graft-fistula cannulation and wound cleansing and debridement.
• Anasept® inhibits the growth of microorganisms such as MRSA, VRE, CRE, C. difficile, C. difficile spores, pathogenic fungi.
• Anasept® is unmatched in eliminating the foulest odors
• Anasept® is also known to assist with the effective debridement of necrotic slough and bio-debris due to its unique molecular action.
What is the active ingredient in Anasept®?
The active ingredient in Anasept® is 0.057% sodium hypochlorite, in an isotonic saline solution. Sodium hypochlorite has a long and well-developed history in the management of wounds.
Is Anasept® safe?
Anasept® is safe to use. Anasept products were subjected to rigorous safety and toxicological evaluations and has met all criteria for safe use.
Is Anasept® tested clinically?
An independent study was published in Ostomy/Wound Management publication for “A comparison of an Antimicrobial Wound cleanser to normal saline in Reduction of Bioburden and its effect on Wound Healing”.
See the link below*
Is a prescription required to purchase Anasept®?
Anasept® is classified as an antimicrobial medical device labeled for “Hospital and Professional Use”. It is available as an OTC product as well as under the supervision of healthcare professionals as the science of advanced wound care is best applied by healthcare professionals.
Is Anasept® Medicare reimbursable?
Anasept® Antimicrobial Skin & wound Gel is currently reimbursed under Medicare Code A6248. The current reimbursement rate is $18.92/oz. or $56.76/ 3 oz. tube for all states except: AK: $19.08/oz., HI: $20.40/oz., and PR: $22.00/oz. Medicare allowable: 3 oz. / month. Anasept® liquid & spray are not currently reimbursed.
Silver-Sept ® Silver Antimicrobial Skin & wound Gel is currently reimbursed under Medicare Code A6248. The current reimbursement rate is $18.92/ oz. or $56.76/ 3 oz. tube for all states except: AK: $19.08/oz., HI: $20.40/oz., and PR: $22.00/oz. Medicare allowable: 3 oz. / month.
Sani-Zone™ Ostomy Appliance Deodorant is currently reimbursed under Medicare Code A4394. The current reimbursement rate is $3.02/ oz., $6.04/ 2 oz. bottle or $24.16/ 8 oz. bottle for all states except: AK: $3.04/oz., HI: $3.22/oz., and PR: $3.27/oz.